The Tea Party Community is a conservative hub for sharing ideas, unifying a movement and organizing strategies to keep the United States of America in her rightful place as the greatest nation on earth. "We The People - Don't Tread on US!"

Liberty Lost: How Debt Destroyed Our Freedoms

Hello,

My name is James G. Colt and I have written a political thriller titled "Liberty Lost: How Debt Destroyed Our Freedoms". Having worked as an economist in D.C. for over 15 years it has amazed me what I have seen transpire in regard to our debt and level of spending.

One day at work I approached a co-worker who received a PhD in economics from Harvard University. I wrote down our level of spending along with our debt then asked how the United States will pay its annual obligations when the interest rate rises to historical norms. He shrugged and said, "We'll just print more money."

As a result, I wrote a novel depicting a possible future if we do not change course. Having read dozens of non-fiction books about our debt I realized that if one could put these issues in a fast moving and entertaining story people might actually realize how dire the situation will be if we continue down our current path.

The novel is about America’s transformation into a state controlled society after an economic meltdown resulting from an unsustainable debt. I use real world economic statistics to demonstrate the dire consequences to our liberty and freedom if we continue on our current fiscal path.  I am looking for reviewers and would be more than happy to send a hard copy of my book. The first three chapters are available to read at www.jamesgcolt.com .

Thanks,

James

“The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.” 

-Thomas Jefferson

“The U.S. government has a technology, called a printing press (or today, its electronic equivalent), that allows it to produce as many U.S. dollars as it wishes at no cost.”

-Ben Bernanke

“The United States has never defaulted on its obligations, and the U. S. dollar and Treasury Securities are at the center of the international financial system. A default would be unprecedented and has the potential to be catastrophic: credit markets could freeze, the value of the dollar could plummet, U.S. interest rates could skyrocket, the negative spillovers could reverberate around the world…not only might the economic consequences of default be profound, those consequences, including high interest rates, reduced investment, higher debt payments, and slow economic growth, could last for more than a generation.”

-U.S. Department of the Treasury